Monday, June 29, 2009

Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding

Now I am not a fan of the packet stuff but the kids like it and it's a nice unhealthy desert on cold winter nights. So when I came across this recipe I HAD to try it that night, and boy I was impressed. It's nice and that says a lot coming from me :D


Pre heat oven to 170 degrees C

Grease a dish, I used a round cake tin.


It's reccomended that you put it on a tray to stop overflow from dirtying your oven, I didn't find this a problem but I did it anyway.


1/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed

1 cup SR flour

1 tbs coco powder

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

3 tbs melted butter, cooled

sauce

2/3 cup brown sugar firmly packed

1/4 cup coco powder

1 1/2 cups boiling water


Mix egg, milk and butter in a large mixing bowl

Add flour, sugar, coco and mix

Pour into dish and flatten with spoon, this is important to make it rise evenly


Time for the sauce!

Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top, then sprinkle the coco.

Pour water over the top


Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Enjoy with icecream or cream. Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment